Sonic HealthPlus Mount Isa has full time opportunities available for doctors with an interest in occupational medicine to join our GP Super Clinic. SHP holds the contract with Glencore, which involves running the medical centre at the minesite and the GP Superclinic in the town centre.
Affectionately known as the 'oasis of the outback', Mount Isa is located in North West Queensland, on the banks of the Leichhardt River and amongst the ochre-red Selwyn ranges. Not only is Mount Isa is the administrative, commercial and industrial centre for Queensland’s North West, it is a vibrant, multicultural and family friendly city, and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, education, and outback lifestyle. Learn more about living in Mount Isa.
With over 50 years’ experience in the industry, SHP is a Continuing Medical Education (CME) approved provider, giving our Doctors and staff opportunities to broaden their knowledge and to advance their career through regular training and development.
If you are looking for a unique travel experience and to provide quality healthcare to a thriving community, contact us to learn more.
- High earning potential
- Sign on bonus
- Housing subsidy and relocation assistance provided (FIFO arrangement will be considered)
- Private billing clinic services
- Opportunity to reduce 10 year moratorium
- Support from nursing, operations, administration, property and IT teams
- Occupational health assessments
- General Practice
- Medical Assessments
- Acute injury treatment and management
- Health surveillance
- Occupational medical expert opinion
- Onsite Medical Services
- Travel Medicine
- Training and Education
- Health and Wellness
- Immunisation and Vaccinations
- Skin screening
- Minor surgical procedures
- Full Registration with AHPRA
- Postgraduate training in general practice
- Eligibility to access Medicare
- DPA location
- Ability to work unsupervised
- A caring and quality driven commitment to providing general practitioner health services.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College for General Practitioners (FRACGP) is desirable, however not essential.