In light of the current situation, we are now offering telehealth consultations to our patients.
A telehealth consultation is an over the phone appointment with your Doctor via a phone call or a video chat. It is important that you are maintaining your regular checkups and not neglecting your general health. Telehealth enables you to do this.
To book a telehealth consultation, contact the practice directly. Your details and appointment will be confirmed over the phone. If you are booking online we will call you to confirm your details and appointment.
At the time of your appointment your Doctor will call you. Please allow a 1 hour window surrounding your appointment, should your Doctor be running late. It may be useful to make a list of what you need to discuss during your consultation including any medications or referrals you may require. Please ensure that you are in a quiet room for your telehealth consultation and please note that your Doctor will take notes throughout your consultation.
Telehealth is for:
- All care plans
- Chronic Disease Management
- Asthma Action Plan (except Peak Flow for intial consultation)
- Diabetes cycle of care
- Mental health care plans and reviews
- Referrals, scripts and medical certificates
Telehealth is not for:
- Patients requiring physical examination (may have telehealth first to determine need to come in)
- Pregnant mothers (SAC) in last trimester
- New baby checks and post natal checks
- Trauma, lacerations, cuts, sprains etc - may be referred to hospital