Vale Medical Practice Fees & Appointments
Fees and Payments
Fees are at the discretion of the Doctor. Bulk billing may be available for walk-in patients.
Please present your Medicare Card before each consultation.
|Consultation Type||Fee Range||Medicare Rebate||Out of Pocket|
|Week Day Rates|
$80.00 - $88.00
|$38.75||$41.25 - $49.25|
$147.00 - $168.00
$71.95 - $92.95
|Extended Appointment||$160.00 - $235.00||$110.50||$49.50 - $124.50|
Children & Pensioners
|Modest fee (please check with reception)||$38.75||Please see reception|
Children & Pensioners
|Modest fee (please check with reception)||$75.05||Please see reception|
|Standard Appointment||$80.00 - $88.00||$38.75||$41.25 - $49.25|
|Standard Appointment Pensioner||$60.00 - $75.00||$38.75||$21.25 - $36.25|
|Standard Appointment Children under 16||Modest fee (please check with reception)||$38.75||Please see reception|
|Sunday and Public Holiday Rates|
|Standard Appointment Pensioner||$75.00 - $85.00||$50.55||$24.45 - $34.45|
|Standard Appointment Children under 16||Modest fee (please check with reception)||$50.55||Please see reception|
Payment is required on the day of the consultation and can be made by cash, EFTPOS or Credit Card (excluding Diners and AMEX cards). All workers compensation and motor vehicle accident patients are required to pay their accounts at the time of consultation until a letter of liability is produced from their insurance company.
The Weekday ‘Sit and Wait’ is no longer available at Vale Medical Practice.
- Patients will be allocated a time to see the first available GP and will be bulk billed for one medical issue on presentation of a valid Medicare card.
- Patients wishing to see the first available Doctor must present at the practice to be given an allocated time.
- Patients who have more than one medical issue to discuss will require a longer appointment and fees may be payable.
- Patients who already book appointments to see their regular Doctor will continue to do so.
- All Patients requiring any of the following MUST book a longer appointment.
- Insurance Medicals
- Driving Medicals
- Skin Procedures
- Pap smears
- Care plans / Health Assessments
- Mental Health Plans
- Infusions Patients requiring urgent medical attention will be triaged by the nurses in the treatment room.
- Patients wishing to see the first available Doctor must present at the practice to be given a time to be seen.
Allocated times will be limited to the number of GPs on shift. We will do our best to accommodate all patients who come in. If you wish to see your regular GP or a GP of your choice, please make an appointment by calling the practice on 9938 4433 or book online.
We require people to make a booking but may be able to help if you walk into the medical centre. Priority is given to patients who have made a booking.
Our appointment system caters for urgent, non urgent, complex, planned chronic care and preventative healthcare. If you need more time with your GP, please book a long consultation. Urgent appointments will be seen by the next available GP. Please advise reception if you believe you require an urgent appointment. Urgent appointments will be triaged by the nurse on duty.
Sometimes GPs are delayed by patients with urgent or complex issues. We apologise if you’re asked to wait and thank you for your patience.
A doctor is available at the practice until 9pm on Monday and Wednesday. After 9pm call our DoctorDoctor service on 13 26 60.
From 6pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and 2pm Saturday and Sunday call our after-hours service DoctorDoctor on 13 26 60.
If you are a regular patient and can’t travel to the medical centre, your GP may be able to visit you at your home. This is at the discretion of your GP.
Please call Triple Zero (000) or go to your nearest hospital.
The closest hospital to the centre is;
Northern Beaches Hospital
105 Frenchs Forest Road , Frenchs Forest
Ph: (02) 9105 5000
Telephone translation 131 450
Auslan interpreter 1300 287 526